Friday, July 20, 2012

Missing You

I  wanted to do something a little different, I don't make too many cards for men so I decided that I would use the Father's Day kit and create something other than a Father's Day card. Once I had him colored (Prismacolor & Copic markers) and matted (background paper is from Basic Grey), I wasn't sure if I wanted to put a sentiment on the card. I figured if I didn't, it could be used for any ocassion.  Once I was done, I was feeling a certain way :-) and decided to use "Missing You".  That was from a sheet of stickers in my stash.

America the Beautiful - For this card I used the 4th of July kit. I used one of the sketches that was included in the kit. I merged the sentiment into the journal box. Once again keeping with the goal of using what I have, the ribbon, background paper, thank you sticker and rhinestones are all things from the famous stash. The circles were made with Spellbinders dies.
There are just so many things you can do with this kit, and it's not just for the 4th of July. I will be donating this card and several others to an organization that send cards to the troops. 


Thanks for stopping by, be sure to check back soon or sign up for email notifications to make sure you don't miss what we have in store for August.

2 comments:

  1. Both cards are AWESOME...great card using the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like what you did with the circle! Great colors on the missing you stamp!

    ReplyDelete